|All pupose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) , not sour|
|Ghee||1 Cup (16 tbs) , melted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) , for frying|
1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar.
2. Add ghee, mix it keeping your hand light while mixing and crumble to smoothen the texture.
3. Add yogurt slowly by teaspoons and mix taking care to not over work the dough.
4. Check the dough if it is flaky and there are cracks when molded into a small biscuit.
5. Cover it and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
7. Lightly knead the dough to smoothen, make balls, flatten in the middle and make a small depression.
8. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and deep fry dahitra over low heat until light golden brown.
9. Remove onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain out excess oil.
10. Arrange the dahitras on a baking tray and bake for about an hour until they get crispy.
11. Remove from the oven and serve with Shrikhand.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 7119Calories from Fat 5820
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 660 g1015.4%
Saturated Fat 184 g920%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1875 mg78.13%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 211 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet