Mysore pak can be made without oil as well. Follow the recipe below. Sugar can be reduced.
|Besan||1 Cup (16 tbs) , loosely filled|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ghee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Lightly grease a rectangular cake tray with oil.
2. Heat oil to smoking point and add into the besan.
3. Mix the besan well using a spatula and sieve the mixture through a sieve.
4. In a heavy bottomed pot add sugar and water.
5. In another nonstick pan, heat ghee and oil.
6. Heat the sugar and water on one stove and oil and ghee on the other simultaneously.
7. Let the sugar mixture boil to attain single thread consistency.
8. Bring down the temperature of the sugar syrup and mix in besan with constant stirring.
9. Then add the ghee and oil mixture little by little stirring continuously.
10. Let it cook till the ghee leaves away the sides.
11. Then spread the mixture over the greased cake tray and level.
12. Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then cut into square or rectangle shapes with a knife.
13. Serve during festivals like Diwali, Holi or Rakhi.