|Fine white semolina||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||53 Gram (1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon ghee)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almonds||6 Medium , thinly slivered|
|Pistachios||8 Medium , thinly slivered|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saffron strands||3 Pinch , crushed|
|Rose water||1/4 Teaspoon|
To make the topping mixture:
1. Mix almonds, pistas, cardamom and saffron and keep aside.
2. Grease 2 thick plastic sheets on one side, keep aside.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pan, mix semolina, ghee, sugar and milk.
4. On a stove on high heat, bring to a boil while stirring continuously to avoid lumps. For the yellow colored version add yellow color at this stage followed by saffron.
5. Reduce heat and stir continuously, till very soft dough is formed.
6. Add rose essence and 1 teaspoon ghee and keep stirring till it gets thicker for about 25 minutes.
7. Place flattened lump in the centre of one sheet greased side up, cover with plastic greased sheet and roll as thinly as possible with a large rolling pin.
8. Before almost done, sprinkle mixed topping evenly over the halwa, roll again and carefully peel off top sheet.
9. Mark pieces as desired, with a pizza cutter, while still soft.
10. When halwa is cool and stiff enough to handle, carefully lift pieces, line each with greaseproof paper and pile up.
11. Serve on a serving plate with a garnish of rose petals.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2246Calories from Fat 946
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.7%
Saturated Fat 45 g225%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 185 mg7.71%
Total Carbohydrates 295 g98.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 230 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet