|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , minced|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Hot chilies||2 Tablespoon , soaked in oil (Soaked In 1 Tbsp Of Oil)|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) , washed, chopped|
|Canned beans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Black Beans Or Chick Peas)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||15 Medium , chopped (Stems With Leaves)|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon , minced|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Bring 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons of water to a gentle boil and add quinoa.
2. Turn heat down to low, cover pot and let simmer for 15 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium pot or frying pan over medium heat, add butter.
4. As soon as it melts add onions, garlic and chilies with their oil.
5. Let fry on medium heat for 4 minutes, making sure the garlic never burns.
6. Add spinach and beans to onion mixture.
7. Fry for 3- 4 minutes or until spinach breaks down.
8. Add lemon juice, rind and fresh cilantro.
9. Mix well and take off the heat.
10. Add quinoa and stir to combine.
11. Enjoy one of the tastiest and healthiest salads you’ll ever eat
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 869Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 337 mg14.04%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.3%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet