|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium , boiled and peeled|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger piece||1/2 Inch|
|Coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped (Handful)|
|Chilli powder||To Taste|
1) Make a thick batter of gram flour, salt, soda and turmeric powder. Add water as required.
2) Add 1 tablespoon of hot oil into the batter and leave aside for 30 minutes.
3) Make a paste of ginger, garlic, chilies and coriander leaves.
4) Chop the potatoes and coat them with ginger-garlic paste and salt.
5) Make balls of the potatoes and dip the into the batter.
6) In a deep wok, heat oil until boiling and then fry the potato balls until golden brown.
7) Serve the batata vada with sukhi chutney or ketchup.