|Tender Arvi leaves||6|
|Minced meat||125 grams, cooked|
|Gram flour||35 grams|
|Coriander leaves||1 small bunch|
|Coriander seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Oil||for deep frying|
1) Soak tamarind in enough water for 5-10 minutes and make tamarind pulp.
2) Lightly roast all the spices and make a paste.
3) Clean the leaves properly. Remove veins.
4) Add the spices to the meat and mix well. Make a smooth paste of the meat adding ginger, garlic, chillies and coriander leaves.
5) Add some gram flour and tamarind pulp to the meat and make a thick paste.
6) Place the leaf smooth side down on flat surface and make a thin coat of meat paste over it.
7) Place another leaf and repeat the process on all leaves. Place all the leaves on one another to make a pile.
8) Make a neat roll of the leaves and tie them.
9) Steam the roll for about 30 minutes or until they are tender.
10) Remove the string and slice the rolls in bite size or bigger.
11) Deep fry the rolls until crisp.
Serve the alu vadi hot and crispy.