This Aloo Gobhi recipe is the quick and authentic guide to making the popular Indian dish. Potatoes and cauliflower cooked in a variety of Indian spices, Aloo gobhi is a wonderful accompaniment both with rice as well as any Indian bread.
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and cubed|
|Cauliflower||1 , broken into small florets|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Add mustard and cumin seeds and let it splutter.
3. Add potatoes and cauliflower.
4. Add coriander, turmeric and chili powder.
5. Add salt and mix it well till all the spices coat the vegetables.
6. Cover with lid. Reduce the flame to low and allow the vegetables to cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Remove lid and check whether the vegetables are cooked.
8. Serve Indian Aloo Gobi Curry in a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with warm roti.