Great street vendor dish from Maharashtra, India. It is originally from the Kutch region.
|Potatoes||1 Kilogram , boiled and mashed|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Pao||4 (Unsweetened Bread)|
|Tamarind chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Spicy green chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dabeli masala||4 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
1) In a wok, heat the oil, then add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
2) Then add about three quarter of the chopped onions and saute until the onions are lightly browned.
3) Add the dabeli masala and cook over a medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
4) Add the potatoes, mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5) Taste the mixture and add more dabeli masala, if required and salt to taste.
6) Split the pao and spread it with the tamarind and green chutney
7) Stuff the potato mixture, adding some cilantro and onions for garnish.
8) In a buttered pan, toast the stuffed pao for a few minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
9) Garnish the dabeli with cilantro and grapes and serve hot.