Kachori is a super dish from Indian cuisine and it is very popular in India. This dish is very easy to prepare and Kachori can be a treat to your taste buds. Watch how Bhavana prepares Kachori in this step by step video.
|For the kachori layer|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semolina||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the filling|
|Shredded coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon (Khas khas)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Cumin powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashews||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen or fresh green peas may be used)|
|Raisins||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/Regular sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
|Sev/Breadcrumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a bowl and combine together all purpose flour, gram flour and salt well.
2. In the food processor, blend water and oil till it turns milky.
3. Blend in the all purpose flour mixture a little at a time. You can also add semolina which would make the kachori layer crispy.
4. Take out the dough from the food processor and knead it softly for a minute and let it rest covered for 10 minutes.
To prepare the filling:
5. Heat a pan, add a tablespoon of oil, add the shredded coconut flakes, sesame seeds, poppy seeds (khas khas), salt, cumin powder stir and let it brown slightly.
5. Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and cashew nuts. Stir on a low heat.
6. Add the green peas (mattar), stir to cook slightly and then add the raisins and stir for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
7. Add the sugar and fresh lime juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
8. Take a food processor and add the prepared mixture, process it for 10 seconds and then add the cilantro and process again till you get a coarse mixture.
9. Add the sev/gathiya into the mixture and process again to blend well.
10. Remove the mixture in to a pan and let it cool. Then, using your hands take small portions of the filling mixture and make small round balls and set aside.
11. While the dough is resting, small portions of the filling can be taken and made into small balls and kept aside.
12. Using a roller pin, roll out the dough into flat round and place the filling ball in the middle. Close the ball with the dough and pinch off the excessive dough. Mold into a smooth round ball again sealing cracks if any.
13. Heat oil for frying in a pan and deep fry the kachoris. Drain into a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
14. Serve the kachoris with any chutney or dip of your choice.
If you are kneading the dough using your hand, then add oil to the flour, mix well and then gradually add water to knead into a soft dough.
Calories 475Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 441 mg18.38%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3800Calories from Fat 2200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.6%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3528 mg147.04%
Total Carbohydrates 344 g114.4%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128%
Sugars 112 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet