|Banana flower||1 (Whole Stalk)|
|Chana dal||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Medium , finely chopped|
|Green chillies||4 , roundly cut|
|Cumin||1/2 Teaspoon , jeera|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
1) Soak the channa dal in water for about 2 hrs and grind it to a coarse paste along with red chillies and keep it aside.
2) Peel the outer skin from the banana flower. Remove the small white flowers inside and also remove the long stem inside each flower along with the outer feather. Cut them into small pieces and immediatly place them in the turmeric water.
3) Boil the cut florets for about 15 mts and drain the water and keep it aside to cool.
4) Mix the cooked floret,onions,green chillies,jeera,curry leaves and salt to the channa dal mixture.
5) Make tiny balls of the mixture and flatten them with hand to the shape of vada.
6) Deep fry them in oil till golden brown and serve hot.
Serve with Red and Green Chutney as in a Plate.My hubby's favourite Vada with red and green chutney.he tell me that i need to serve vada's with two colourfull chutney.