paneer Indain cheese cooked with spinach
|Cumin coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic – ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash spinach thoroughly.
2. In a pressure cooker, add spinach and tomato. Add a cup of water and pressure cook it for 5 mins.
3. If using frozen paneer, defrost it. And then, cut into small rectangular (1’ x ½’) cubes.
4. Finely chop onion and Tomatoes.
5. Shallow Fry these paneer cubes and drop them in a bowl of cold water as soon as you take out from the oil after frying. This step helps remove the excess oil and keeps the paneer cubes soft.
6. Take only 2 tsp of the oil from the oil used for frying and store or discard the rest.
7. In a pan, heat the oil and then add chopped Onions.
8. Fry them until light brown, and then add chopped tomatoes, ginger – garlic paste and cumin – coriander powder and red chilli powder.
9. Once the pressure cooker cools down, open and blend the mixture.
10. Add the mixture to the pan. 1
11. Now add the fried paneer cubes.
12. Mix well and let cook covered for 5 minutes
13. Serve hot with rice or chapati or roti.