Unlike the common samosas that are stuffed with soft, potato-based mixtures, the Cheese and Spring Onion Samosa has a totally different filling, which gives it an exciting texture and unique taste too. The stuffing of cheese and spring onions seasoned with red chilli flakes, gives you a fabulous mouth-feel combining the gooeyness of cheese, the crunch of onions and the inherent heat of chillies. Make sure you fry the Cheese and Spring Onion Samosa on a medium flame, otherwise the plain flour covering will get cooked too soon but the stuffing will remain raw. Since this samosa has an Oriental touch, you can serve it with Chilli Garlic Sauce. Explore more samosa options like the regular Samosa and Mini Onion Samosa.
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the dough:|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|To be mixed into a stuffing:|
|Grated processed cheese||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Spring onion whites||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Spring onion green||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Dry red chili flakes||4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli garlic sauce||To Taste|
For the dough:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside.
2. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
3. Roll out a portion of the dough into 150 mm. X 75 mm. (6" x 3") diameter oval.
4. Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
5. Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone.
6. Stuff the cone with a portion of the stuffing, apply a little water along the edge and pinch it well to seal the stuffing.
7. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 14 more samosas.
8. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few samosas on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
9. Serve immediately with chilli garlic sauce.