Learn how to make Balushahi - a popular Indian sweet recipe at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Balushahi or Badusha is prepared with all purpose flour, sugar syrup, ghee dry fruits.
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ghee||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Chopped pistachios||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, ghee & curd. Mix everything well with your hands. Make a soft dough and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
2. To make the sugar syrup, in a pan add sugar and water. Let it come to a boil. Once the sugar melts and the mixture becomes thick switch off the flame. Sugar Syrup is ready.
3. In a flat bottom pan heat ghee for frying.
4. Make small portions of the dough. With the help of your thumb make a depression in each of the portion as shown in the video. Repeat this for rest of the dough.
5. Fry all the balushahis on a slow flame till golden brown.
6. Once the Balushahis cool down pour the sugar syrup on them.
7. Garnish with pistachios.
8. Balushahi is ready to be served.