Learn how to make Kothimbir Wadi - a quick easy Maharashtrian snack recipe from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani.
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (or Ginger Garlic crush)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Groundnut powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Masala mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a pan heat some oil.
2. Add mustard seeds & ginger garlic crush. Saute for a minute.
3. Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves. Saute everything for a minute. Keep it aside.
4. In a large bowl add gram flour, groundnut powder, turmeric powder, mix masala & salt. Mix everything well.
5. Add water and mix everything well. Make sure there are no lumps.
6. Add this mixture to the coriander leaves. Switch on the flame.
7. Keep stirring continuously till the mixture becomes thick.
8. Once the mixture becomes thick, take it off the flame.
9. Apply some oil to the aluminium tray. Pour the mixture and spread it evenly. Let it cool down completely.
10. In the meanwhile heat some oil for frying the wadi.
11. Once the mixture cools down cut it into medium size pieces.
12. Deep fry the pieces in hot oil.
13. Tasty Kothimbir Wadi is ready to be served.