Learn how to make traditional Amboli and Coconut Chutney, a quick easy Maharashtrian breakfast recipe from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani.
|Urad dal||1 Small|
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry red chillies||4|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak the the urad dal and rice separately for at least 6 - 7 hrs.
2. Grind the urad dal and rice in minimal water in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
3. Mix the two and let it ferment overnight.
4. Add salt and mix it well.
5. Heat a pan with very little oil.
6. Spread the batter on the pan using a spoon in a circular motion.
7. Cover it with a lid and let the Amboli cook.
8. Once it is cooked, remove it from the pan.
1. In a mixer grinder add grated coconut, dry red chillies, garlic cloves, lemon juice, onion, salt & water.
2. Grind everything to a coarse paste.
3. Serve Dosa with chutney.