Learn how to make Upma a quick healthy vegetarian Indian breakfast recipe from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani.
|Rava/Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chillies||2|
|Onions||2 , chop|
|Green peas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a flat bottom pan roast the semolina for 10 minutes. Remove it on a plate and let it cool down.
2. In the meanwhile, boil two cups of water.
3. In a pan heat some oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies, green chillies, chopped onions, green peas, salt & coriander leaves. Mix everything well.
4. Add the semolina & lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Add hot water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and let everything cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Garnish the Upma with coriander leaves and serve hot.