Learn how to make Sundal, a healthy and quick South Indian Snack recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food!
Famous as prasad in various south Indian temples, Sundal is a perfect South Indian Snack recipe often made during festivals like Navratri and Ramnavmi. Learn this recipe on Rajshri Food!
|Brown chickpea||200 Gram|
|Water||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves sprig||1|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak the brown chickpeas, overnight or for 6 to 8 hours in plenty of water.
2. Drain and pressure cook the chickpeas with the water. Strain the chickpeas and reserve the cooking water.
3. In a wok or a saucepan, heat the oil and put in the mustard seeds. When they pop lower the heat and add the mustard seeds, green chili, curry leaves, asafetida and the drained chickpeas.
4. Put in the reserved cooking water and the salt and cook on medium low heat until the water is completely absorbed. -
5. Stir in the coconut and lime juice, mix well.
6. Serve as it is or garnished with the tomatoes and cucumbers. It can either be served as a snack or as a side dish with a plate of steaming hot rice!