Learn how to make baked kulcha at home with Anushruti only on Rajshri Food.
Kulcha is a typical Punjabi recipe.It is a type of leavened bread which is popular in India and Pakistan. It is usually eaten with chole or any dal or sabzi. So make these easy and quick Kulche at home with Anushruti only on Rajshri Food.
|Lukewarm water||125 Milliliter|
|Instant yeast||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||350 Gram|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl put in the water, stir in the yeast and sugar and allow to rest for about 10 minutes or until the water starts to froth on the top.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl, put in the flour and salt and mix.
3. Once the yeast froths, stir into the flour mixture, along with the yogurt and oil. Mix well using your hands (or paddle attachment in a stand mixer).
4. Then you need to knead the dough for 3 to 4 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic (use the dough hook if using a stand mixer).
5. Spread some oil over the dough and allow to rest for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
6. Once the dough doubles, divide into 8 equal parts.
7. On a flat surface, roll the dough into a 4” or 5” circle and place it on an oiled baking tray.
8. Pre heat the oven to 200C/400F. - Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
9. Serve and Enjoy!