Kids love corn flakes. Why not send it as a surprise treat in their snack box, in a dry and savoury form? In this innovative Corn Flakes Chivda recipe, crisp-fried corn flakes are combined with crunchy peanuts, chana dal and spice powders to make a really exciting snack, which can be stored in an air-tight container for a few days. You can send it to school for a short break, as an accompaniment to their tiffin, or serve it as an after-school or between-play hunger chaser. This recipe is often made in many households during the festive season of Diwali.
|Corn flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((For deep frying))|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon ((raw))|
|Roasted chana dal||2 Tablespoon ((daria))|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add little corn flakes at a time and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. In the same deep non-stick kadhai, add the peanuts and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
3. In the same deep non-stick kadhai, add the roasted chana dal and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the side. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
4. Combine the fried corn flakes, peanuts, chana dal and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and toss well.
How to pack
5. Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 792Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1001 mg41.71%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet