Prepare a delicious kulfi right at your home.
|Saffron strands||To Taste|
|Chopped pistachios||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Full fat milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Elaichi powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Full fat milk||1 Tablespoon (warm)|
1. Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Combine the saffron and 1 tbsp of warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
3.Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and bring to a boil on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally. This will take approx. 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides of the pan. Keep aside to cool slightly for 10 to 15 minutes.
5.Add the saffron-milk mixture, pistachios and cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into 7 kulfi moulds and freeze it for 8 hours.
7. To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 2 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork or an ice-cream stick in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
8. Serve immediately.