The rich hue, strong aroma and irresistible taste of this Mixed Vegetable Sabzi will make you addicted to it!
A gravy of tomatoes, onions and cashewnuts forms the base of this marvelous creation, which features a horde of colourful and juicy veggies, which are sautéed separately in oil and then added to the gravy to enhance their flavour and get a distinct texture. The appearance, taste and mouth-feel of this subzi are similar to what you get in restaurants, mainly due to the special paste used for the gravy, and the process of sautéing the veggies separately. Relish this Mixed Vegetable Sabzi hot and fresh, with your favourite roti or paratha . Lachha Paratha is a perfect match.
|French beans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (diagonally cut)|
|Cauliflower florets||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capsicum cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potato cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Small|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|For the gravy mixture|
|Tomato cubes||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri chillies||3 (dry)|
For the gravy mixture:
1. Combine the tomatoes, onion, cashewnuts, garlic, ginger, Kashmiri red chillies and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
2. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cauliflower, French beans, carrot, capsicum and potatoes and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the vegetables turn light brown in colour.
4. Switch off the flame, drain the vegetables in a bowl and keep aside.
5. Reheat the left over oil in the same deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and the gravy mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the oil begins to separate, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the sautéed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
Calories 342Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 228 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1026Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 684 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet