A very foolproof easy and best recipe of making puris for Pani puri or any other chaat, I have come across with.
|Semolina||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Oil||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Mix 1/2 cup semolina and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour well.
2. To this add water little by little to prepare the dough (the dough shouldn't be too hard or too soft).
3. Cover it with a damp cloth and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Knead the dough one more time and make lemon size balls out of it.
5. Press the dough in the hands to seal all the cracks as much as possible.
6. Dust the table with a little bit of dry flour and roll the puri with the pin.
7. Ensure that you don't roll the puris too thin.
8. With a round cutter, cut the dough and fry it in the oil until it is golden brown on both sides.
9. Use in any chat item as desired, serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 825Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4 mg0.17%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet