Here is an easy lentils recipe with veggies and flavoured with Zaatar.This one pot dish can be made in bulk and enjoyed anytime during the day.
|Light brown lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown lentils||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 , chopped|
|Potatoes||3 , chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. Soak the lentils in water overnight or at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in the cooker. Fry cumin, onions and garlic.
3. Add salt, paprika and zaatar.Mix well. Add veggies and lentils(discard the water lentils were soaking in)
4. Add water. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.
5. Serve with flatbread of your choice.