|Onion||1 Large , chopped finely|
|Potato||2 , cut into halves|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole dry red chilies||2|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and all the dry spice powders followed by mustard oil. Mix well and allow the mutton to marinate overnight in this mixture in the refrigerator.
2. In a pressure cooker add 4-5 tbsp of mustered oil. Once the oil is heated, add all the whole dry spices and stir well. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle with salt. Cook until the onion looks transparent, add the ginger garlic paste and add 1 green chili.Give it a good stir.
3. Add tomato puree and mix well, allow to cook until oil starts separating from the tomato puree. Add in the potato halves and mix well.Then add the marinated mutton and give a good stir.
4. Add little amount of water and again give a good mix. Put the lid on and let it cook for half an hour in low heat. After 7-8 whistles of pressure release, carefully open the lid and check the mutton for seasoning and adjust as per your taste.
5. Transfer the slow cooked mutton curry into a nice serving bowl.Garnish with some coriander leaves.You can add some ghee at the end too. Enjoy your mutton kasha with simple steamed rice or with luchi,roti,naan,bread .