A beautiful combination of flavors from North South Parts of India comes into this recipe.. Mili Juli Sabzi, a dish similar to mix veg sabzi but has some good amount of influence from South India..
Goes well with rotis, naans, kulchas, rice.. Hope you like the dish, make this recipe and tantalize your tastebuds!
|Onion||2 , finely chopped|
|Coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potato||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Carrots||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely diced|
|Cauliflower||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , cut into small florets|
|Beans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Paneer||50 Gram , cubed|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus as required to shallow fry veggies)|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||2 , slit|
|Dry red chilies||4|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , blended|
|Kashmiri red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Amchoor powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Sambhar powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
|Capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chana daal||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dhuli urad dal||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chili||1|
1. Heat 2 pans, add oil to each one of them.
2. Fry onions in one pan and carrot and potatoes in the other.
3. Remove carrots and potatoes when done. Add cauliflower and french beans and cook for a bit.
4. Take out cauliflower and french beans and add paneer to the pan. Fry it as well.
5. When the onion turns brown in the other pan, add coconut to it and stir. Remove from flame and set aside to cool. Blend to make a smooth puree.
6. Heat oil in another pan. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
7. Add asafoetida, curry leaves, slit green chilies and stir. Drop in red chilies, bay leaf, ginger garlic paste and then the onion coconut puree.
8. Fry everthing until the paste starts oozing out oil.
9. Pour tomato paste to the pan and continue to cook.
10. Season with salt, red chili powder, pepper, amchoor powder, garam masala, sambhar powder, salt and chopped coriander. Mix it up.
11. Add capsicum and paneer and the fried vegetables followed by coconut milk. Mix and cook.
12. Prepare the tadka by heating oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Also add urad dal and channa dal. Cook until golden.
13. Drop in curry leaves and red chilies. Add coriander and give it a stir.
14. Pour the tadka over the vegetable in a serving dish. Enjoy.