Roast Chicken dinner with potato wedges is the ultimate comfort meal. Follow my simple steps to getting a juicy bird with crispy skin every time. In this variation I flavour the brine bird with Indian spices and butter.
|Salt||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For spiced butter|
|Salted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted garlic||2 Teaspoon , crushed|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For other ingredients|
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Roasting chicken||4 Pound , wish bone removed|
|Potatoes||4 , quatered|
1. Prepare a simple brine by mixing together salt, sugar, chili powder, turmeric powder, black pepper and water.
2. Immerse the bird in the beautiful bath and add couple of slices of lemons for at least 2 hours.
3. Remove the bird from the brine and pat it dry with the paper towels. Reserve the lemons for later.
4. In a bowl, mix salted butter, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and crushed black pepper. Mix well.
5. Remove a tablespoon of this butter and set it aside. In the remaining butter, add chopped coriander and roasted garlic. Mix well.
6. Take the bird, free the skin from the flesh and push the spiced garlic coriander butter into the bird.
7. Push the preserved lemons into the cavity of the bird followed by coriander leaves.
8. Tie the leg of the bird with a twine.
9. Slather the butter without the garlic and coriander all over the bird.
10. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
11. Grill the chicken with breast side down on a skillet.
12. Place the bird on a roasting pan and put it in the oven to cook for about 20 minutes in the oven.
13. Meanwhile sear the potatoes in the same pan in which you seared the chicken. Set it aside.
14. When the chicken is cooked for 20 minutes, spread onion slices and potatoes all over the roasting pan.
15. Cook for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden on top. Cover with a tent foil and let it rest for sometime.
16. Carve the chicken and serve.