Motichoor ke Ladoos or Motichur Laddu.. Miniature boondi made out of besan/chickpea flour batter fried in ghee, then simmered in sugar syrup and formed into laddu is a weakness of many.. This Ultimate, Indian Classic Sweet is easy yet tricky to make.. Flavors of Ghee and Rose Water making it simple yet awesome. Here, I show you how to make these perfect Motichur Laddo at home :) Secrets revealed as well
|Besan||125 Gram ((((1 Cup, Chickpea flour))))|
|Food color||2 Pinch|
|Ghee||1/4 Teaspoon ((((For Frying))))|
|Melon seeds||1 1/2 Tablespoon ((((Char magaz))))|
|For sugar syrup|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs) ((((1/4 cup plus))))|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Rose water||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Food color||2 Drop|
1. Take coarse besan in a bowl, add kesar food color, ghee and mix. Gradually pour water and mix everything well.
2. Let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes, add more water and mix well to get a watery consistency.
3. Heat oil and place finest quality sieve over the hot oil, support it with a stand. Pour some of this besan mix over the sieve and bang the holder over the stand such that all boondis fall into hot oil. Remove boondi with another perforated spoon.
4. Place the boondis on a perforated plate for excess oil to drain out. Repeat the same to make more boondis. Let boondis cool down a bit.
5. Prepare sugar syrup by bringing sugar and water to boil. Add a pinch of cream of tartar, yellow food color and rose water to the syrup and cook it well.
6. Remove the sugar syrup from heat. Add the boondis to the sugar syrup.
7. Stir and cook on low flame until it leaves the sides of the pan. Let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer the motichoor mix to a plate, add melon seeds and shape it form ladoos.
9. Let the ladoos rest for 4 to 5 hours and soak up all the sugar syrup. Roll the ladoos in ghee.
10. Place the ladoos in a serving dish. Relish!!