Coconut and Mawa Burfi is perfect dessert to make on any special occasion. Milk solids make this dessert rich and creamy. Dry coconut is simmered in milk and milk solids and flavored with cardamom. And the pistachio topping makes this dessert look elegant and tempting. Do try this recipe and enjoy.
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated mawa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cardamom powder||1 Pinch|
|Pistachios||4 ((For Garnish))|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Line a tin with parchment paper or butter paper.
2. Heat milk with sugar. Add cardamom powder and butter.
3. Drop in mawa and mix well. Scrape the sides and continue to stir.
4. Drop in dried coconut and continue to cook until the coconut is soft and has absorbed all the milk.
5. Add in a pinch of cardamom powder, blend that in.
6. When the mixture has absorbed all the milk, fry it for a couple of minutes and then remove from heat.
7. Transfer the mixture to the lined tin. Spread it all over. Cover with another layer of parchment paper and then smoothen it with the back of a bowl.
8. Let the burfi set on the countertop or the refrigerator.
9. Transfer the burfi to a cutting board. Remove the parchment paper and cut it into desired shapes.
10. Garnish with pistachios and serve.