A pan of mixed pulses, seasoned with spices and lots of garlic, cooked in just two teaspoons of oil. Apart from delighting you with its lip-smacking flavor and aroma, Rajma and Urad Dal also boosts your iron, fibre and vitamin C levels. To make a sumptuous meal, serve this dal hot and fresh with a bowl of perfectly cooked brown rice.
|Rajma||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (kidney beans)|
|Chana dal||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (split Bengal gram)|
|Chilkewali urad dal||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (split black gram with skin)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (more if needed)|
1. Clean, wash and soak rajma, chana and urad dal in enough water overnight.
2. Drain the soaked dals and add them to the pressure cooker. Pour 4 cups water and season with salt. Pressure cook for 4 whistles and then open the lid when steam escapes. Set aside.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add garlic, onion, green chili and sauté over medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add tomato, chili powder, cumin seeds powder, and salt. Add 2 tablespoons of water stir occasionally and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add cooked dals and coriander, stir occasionally and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
6. Serve hot with brown rice and enjoy!