Rasgullas, do they need any introduction? These Bengali Rasgullas, are truly a delight and it becomes even interesting when it can be "Sugar Free" ! This Sugar Free Version of Sponge Rasgullas is totally fantastic without any compromise on anything. Perfect Recipe with everything answered.
|Cow milk||1 1/2 Liter ((Fresh Raw and Pure Full fat milk))|
|Sugar free natura||19 Gram ((Sucralose based powder sugar free. Don not use pellets /tablets))|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon , mixed with 2 tbsp of water|
1. Start by heating up the milk in a pan stirring regularly till it gets a boil. Shut off the flame, and let it cool for a minute.
2. Slowly pour in the diluted lemon juice stirring well until it separates into whey and cheese/chenna.
3. As soon as the milk curdles, strain it over a cheesecloth/muslin cloth which is lined in a colander over a bowl.
4. Pour cold water over the cheese to get it cold and get rid of acidic taste/flavor. Gather the edges and squeeze lightly. Tie it somewhere like on faucet / drawer handle and let the whey drip and excess moisture leave out for 30 minutes.
5. In a deep and wide vessel/pan add in 9 cups of water along with the sugar free substitute. Heat it up till it gets a roaring boil.
6. Once the chenna has been dripping the moisture for 30 minutes, take it out and see if it lightly crumbles and breaks its ready otherwise squeeze out the moisture from it. There needs to be a little bit of moisture in the chenna, but it should not be wet either.
7. Divide the chenna into equal sized balls(Would yield 15 balls)
8. Drop the balls in the vigorously boiling syrup and cover for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes. Make sure the syrup if continuously boiling, adjust the flame accordingly.
9. After it has been cooked for 15 minutes in total, take them out to a bowl with minimal syrup to cover them. Boil the remaining syrup for another 5 minutes and then pour all together to the boil.
10. Let it cool to room temp, refrigerate then and enjoy. It tastes best once rested for 7-8 hours.
Use Sugar Free Natura which comes in powder form or any powdered sucralose based powder. Do not use the sugar free tablets/pellets as they might bring a bitter taste.
If you are thinking to cut down on sugar even more, feel free to add 10grams of it or even less. But if you divide the sugar free and rasgullas, its less than 1 and a half sachets Per Rasgulla of sugar free that you usually add to your tea/coffee.
Calories 55Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 46 mg1.92%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 4 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 825Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 690 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 45 g90%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet