Ladi Pav, or Pav Bread or Buns or Dinner Rolls. Whatever you call, they're awesome. Making at home is quite difficult, but here i have the perfect recipe for you to make soft, fluffy, moist, spongy pav buns without any eggs and any improver/stabilizer/emulsifier/any chemical. You're going to go gaga. Now whether its Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Misal Pav, Dabeli or croutons.. You wont buy the packaged cardboard again, I can guarantee!
|Plain flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Maida 250 gms)|
|Milk||190 Milliliter (¾ Cup + 1½ Tbsp)|
|Milk powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Instant yeast||2 Teaspoon (8 gms)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Brushin)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1. Preheat your oven to 200C for 10 minutes before you start baking
2. Warm the milk, add the sugar and yeast, mix it well and keep aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes yeast mixture should look frothy (if it does not, then throw and restart or get another brand of yeast)
3. Add the maida, salt and milk powder in your clean kitchen platform mix well and make a well in the center.
4. Add this yeast mixture to the well and make a dough. It would be on the sticky paste side
5. Now add the butter to the sticky paste and start kneading. It will turn from sticky mass to a dough. It would take 15 minutes of kneading for reaching that stage. Use scraper to scrape in case the dough that gets stuck.
6. Do not any flour or any oil or anything while kneading, all the magic happens just like that. It will be not soft if you add anything while kneading.
7. After 15 mins of kneading, transfer this dough to a big bowl, cover and keep aside for 45 mins to one hour.
8. It will double in volume after one hour, take some maida dust your hands and punch down the dough. Take out and knead for one minute, if it sticks too much, sprinkle some maida. Dont add too much maida otherwise the pav would not be that soft.
9. Now divide this dough to 16 portions, about 30-31 grams each. Now keep one portion in your pan and with other hand roll this in circular motion to make a round shape.
10. Take a 8" square cake tin and grease with oil, place the shaped dough. Keep the dough portions very close touching each other. Otherwise they wont rise up, but rise sideways and become flat.
11. Now cover the tin with damp cloth and keep aside for another 40-45 mins.
12. Carefully remove the damp cloth after 30 minutes so that they dont stick to the cloth.
13. After 45 minutes, brush the pav gently with milk. Gently place the cake tin in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 200 C.
14. If the buns dont look brown, bake for some more time.
15. Take the pav out immediately and brush the top part with butter. Keep aside till they cool. Serve with a dish of your choice.
Calories 91Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 127 mg5.29%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1456Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2032 mg84.64%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g84.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet