We all get that thandai bottle to beat the heat with the awesome Indian Cooler Thandai. But why buy when you can make some fresh at home? Fragrant Spices, Beautiful Nuts, Amazing Saffron all fresh taste outstanding. Try this easy recipe to make Kesariya Thandai Concentrate without any preservatives, or chemicals. All Natural all amazing and relish the taste of the awesome Indian Cooler!
|Almond||3 Tablespoon , soaked|
|Pistachio||1 Tablespoon , soaked|
|Cashew||1 Tablespoon , soaked|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon , soaked|
|Melon seeds||1 Tablespoon , soaked|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Gulkand||2 Tablespoon (Rose Petal Preserve)|
|Pepper||1 1/2 Teaspoon (Lesser if you wish)|
|Rose water/1/2 tsp of rose essensce||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||1/2 Teaspoon , soaked in 1 tbsp water for 30 mins|
1. In a bowl, add the ingredients mentioned under "To Soak" followed by a cup of water and keep aside for 4 hours. Best if you Soak overnight.
2. Add the soaked mix to a blender along with pepper, cardamom, rose water, gulkand. Blend to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a saucepan, add the sugar along with a cup of water. Once the sugar dissolves, add the saffron along with the paste. Stir well and cook for 15 minutes.
4. I like my concentrate on the thin side, so i keep adding some water if it gets too thick. Once cooked for 15 mins, let it cool to room temp.
5. Now that the concentrate is ready, thandia can be made in a jiffy. For making thandai, take 1 cup of milk and about ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of this and blend it. Serve cold!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1865Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 79 mg3.29%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.7%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 331 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet