Low-fat paneer cubes in an aromatic, spicy gravy with sautéed onions, the Paneer Lababdar is sure to be the highlight of your meal. Using low-fat paneer ensures that this flavorful dish is low in fat but rich in calcium and protein. For the best outcome, use soft paneer cubes, ideally homemade! Serve this subzi hot with whole wheat paratha.
|Low fat paneer cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Cumin seed||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted and crushed coriander seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole dry kashmiri red chilies||3 , coarsely powdered|
|Dry fenugreek leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped tomato||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|To dissolve cornflour|
|Low fat milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (99.7% fat|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, combine corn flour and milk. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, coarsely powdered red chili, dried fenugreek leaves, onion and ginger garlic paste. Stir and cook over medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until onions turn light brown.
3. Add tomato, turmeric powder and 4 tablespoons of water. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
4. Blend the mixture into smooth paste and pour into a non-stick pan.
5. Add corn flour-milk mixture, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir in paneer, garam masala and salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
7. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with parathas.