Published on Jul 10, 2014
In India, when Alphonso Mangoes are in season, some of the vendors make Kulfi Stuffed Mangoes, very tasty yummy dessert. It is very satisfying on very hot summer day. Kesar Kulfi (Saffron flavored Ice cream) is usually filled in mangoes but I thought of preparing Pista kulfi as well.
It is very important to pick quality mango for this recipe since, the mangoes with very less fiber or no fiber. I recommend Alphonso Mango but it is not available everywhere. I like to use Champagne Mangoes also some call it Banana Mangoes which are sweet and has very less fiber.
|Heavy whipping cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||200 Gram|
|Ground pistachio||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango||3 , hollowed (preferably alfanzo)|
|Strawberry||1 , quartered|
1. In a container, take whipping cream and condensed milk, using an electric mixer, mix well. Freeze for 2 hours.
2. Add pistachi and saffron, freeze again for sometime.
3. Fill the hollowed mangoes with kulfi. Insert strawberry quarters in the middle. Cap the mangoes with the tops.
4. Allow to freeze overnight or upto 8 hours.
5. Dip slightly in water. Slice and enjoy!!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2837Calories from Fat 1710
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 197 g303.1%
Saturated Fat 99 g495%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 404 mg16.83%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 21 g84%
Sugars 206 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet