Turn a Strawberry harvest into a delicious sweet and spicy chutney. Spread it on some bread or crackers with some cheese. Perfect replacement for Cranberry sauce.
|Chopped strawberries||12 Ounce|
|Grated ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black mustard seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chaat masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, place the strawberries, add ginger, lime juice and sugar, toss to mix, allow to marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add red chillies, once sizzling add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, toast for few seconds.
3. Add red chili powder, chaat masala and the strawberry mixture, saute for a couple of minutes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for few more minutes, stir and scrape constantly.
4. Season with salt and add orange rind, stir to mix, cook stirring for another 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Spread on breads or serve as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 768Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 936 mg39%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 118 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet