Betty demonstrates how to make a delicious Banana Split Dessert. This is a great dessert for ending the summer!
|Graham cracker crumb||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Banana||4 , peeled and sliced|
|Neapolitan ice cream||1/2 Gallon|
|Pecan pieces||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For chocolate sauce|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated milk||12 Ounce|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||6 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cool whip||12 Ounce (8|
|Pecan pieces||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||3 (stemmed)|
1. In a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish, add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix well and spread mixture evenly in bottom of the dish.
2. Lay banana slices evenly over crumb layer.
3. Slice ice cream into 3 one-inch slices and place over the banana layer. Sprinkle pecan on top and freeze until firm.
For Chocolate Sauce:
4. In a saucepan, combine confectioner's sugar, evaporated milk, and chocolate chips. Cook over low flame until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Pour cooled chocolate sauce over ice cream layer and then spread Cool Whip over top. Sprinkle pecan pieces.
6. Garnish with stemmed maraschino cherries, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and enjoy!
If you are slicing banana ahead of time then sprinkle lemon juice to prevent browning.