This is episode 1 of a "Game On" series showing you how to make some serious killer game grub! This episode shows you how to make a close replica to the "Dixie Dog" which is on the menu at Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves! Enjoy!
|Beef hot dogs||8 (8 links)|
|Hot dog buns||8|
|Pulled pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard bbq sauce||To Taste|
|Garlic pickle medallions||To Taste|
|Frying oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Shredded coleslaw mix||16 Ounce (a mix of carrots, white cabbage and purple cabbage)|
|Mayo||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and celery seeds together well, and then mix well into cabbage mix.
2. Taste, and add salt and pepper to taste, as you continue to mix. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors marry.
3. Warm up pulled pork from a previous cook if you have any, if not you will have to smoke a Boston butt for pulled pork.
4. In 4 cups of frying oil, fry 8 all beef hot dogs for 3 to 4 minutes at 325 F or until they float.
5. On a hot dog bun, place one fried hot dog into bun and top with a few ounces of warm pulled pork.
6. Drizzle on the mustard bbq sauce, and top that with coleslaw, and then top with garlicpickle slices, and add a little more of the mustard bbq sauce.
7. Serve hot.