Todd Wilbur shows you how to make a home version of the world's most famous hamburger from scratch.
|Sesame seed hamburger||2|
|Ground beef||1/4 Pound|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Lettuce||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Dill pickle slices||2 Small|
|For the special sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|French dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet pickle relish||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon , minced|
|White vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1. For the special sauce: In a mixing bowl, add and combine the mayonnaise, french dressing, sweet pickle relish, onion, white vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix until well combined into a smooth sauce. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
2. In a baking sheet lined with wax paper, divide the ground beef into golf sized ball and place it on the sheet. Press the ball down gently to make thin bun patties bigger than the size of a burger bun.
3. Once done, place another sheet of wax paper and refrigerate the patties for 60 minutes or until solid.
4. Take 2 sesame seed hamburger buns. Using a sharp knife slice the top portion of one bun leaving about 3/4 inch thick slice for the bottom. This will be the middle bun.
5. Take the other bun and slice it into equal halves.
6. In a pan on medium high, place the 3 slices of hamburger buns and toast them until light golden brown. Once done transfer onto a plate and set aside.
7. In the same pan, remove the frozen beef patties and put them in the pan. Season the patties with salt and pepper and cook them over medium high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked.
8. Take the toasted burger buns and place them onto a serving plate. Put about half tablespoon of the special sauce on the bottom and middle bun. Sprinkle about half teaspoon of onion, lettuce on the middle and bottom bun. Place a cheese slice on the bottom bun and pickle slices on the middle bun. Place the cooked burger patties on both the bottom and middle buns and stack up the burger in the order of bottom, middle and top burger buns.
9. Serve the big mac with a glass of cold drink and french fries.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2118Calories from Fat 1277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.5%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4348 mg181.17%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 41 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet