Betty demonstrates how to make a Baked Picnic Ham for Easter. This entree is very tasty served with Raisin Sauce.
|Picnic ham||9 Pound (8|
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) , firmly packed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coca cola||13 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a roasting pan, place ham, skin side down.
3. In a bowl, combine light brown sugar, water, white vinegar, and coca cola. Stir well and pour it into the roasting pan, over the ham.
4. Cover the pan with lid or foil and place in the center rack of oven and bake for 3 hours. In the last 1 hour of bake time, baste the ham occasionally (after every 15 minutes) with the pan sauce.
5. Transfer the ham to a cutting board, cut and remove the net and then loosely tent it with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Carve ham against the grain and serve with raisin sauce.