|Guinea fowl||2 (allow 1/2 bird per person)|
|Shallots/Small onions||100 Gram , peeled|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 , unsmoked, rinded|
|White stock/1/2 chicken cube||300 Milliliter (hot)|
|Dry sherry||150 Milliliter|
|Black grapes||100 Gram , halved and pitted|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Fresh watercress||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the birds and dry them.
2) Secure with string for ease of handling.
3) In the cooker, heat the butter and brown the guinea fowl all over.
4) Take out from cooker and drain well.
5) In hot butter, saute the shallots, lift out then lightly fry the bacon.
6) Lift out bacon as well and drain off any excess butter from the cooker.
7) Stir in stock or water and stock cube and sherry to the cooker and stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
8) With rim side down, place the trivet, in the cooker.
9) Stand the guinea fowl on the trivet, and surround with the shallots and grapes.
10) Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and lay the bacon over the breast of the birds.
11) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
12) Reduce the pressure quickly.
13) Lift out the guinea fowl and remove the string.
14) To a warmed serving dish, transfer the guinea fowl and surround with the shallots and grapes, keep hot.
15) Remove the trivet from the cooker and return the open cooker to the heat.
16) In the stock, stir the cornflour, blended with a little water.
17) Boil the liquid, stirring continuously.
18) Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce as necessary.
19) In a sauce boat, pour the sauce to serve with the guinea fowl.
20) Garnish the fowl, with fresh watercress just before serving.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5772Calories from Fat 2358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 263 g404.6%
Saturated Fat 93 g465%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4622 mg192.58%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 738 g1476%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet