Here is a great German Drop Doughnuts recipe. Treat your near and dear ones to this amazing snack, topped with whipped cream or chocolate sauce. Well flavored with cinnamon and applesauce, this is a great option for a midday snack.
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Applesauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1/2 Tablespoon , melted|
|Deep fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) Combine and sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
2) In a bowl, add the egg and beat well.
3) Add in the applesauce and milk.
4) Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5) Stir in the shortening.
6) In a skillet, add deep fat and heat.
7) Drop the batter from the teaspoon into the fat.
8) Fry till golden brown, turning once.
9) Remove to paper towels and drain.
10) Serve topped with whipped cream.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2119Calories from Fat 683
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.9%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1882 mg78.42%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 124 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet