A soft layer of potato and paneer topped with a mouth-watering spinach and corn layer, garnished with tangy tomato slices -- if that does not sound tempting enough, the best part is yet to come -- the whole arrangement is topped generously with cream and cheese and baked to perfection. Indeed, the Baked Spinach with Corn is a gourmet preparation befitting a king's menu, yet so simple you can make it in your own kitchen and present it proudly to your family and guests.
|For potato layer|
|Boiled grated potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Crumbled paneer||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green chili||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|For spinach and corn layer|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chilies||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped spinach||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweet corn kernels||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , boiled|
|Melted butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Fresh cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated processed cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C or 360 degree F.
2. Grease a 7-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
For Potato Layer:
3. In a bowl, mix grated potato with crumbled paneer, coriander, green chili, lemon juice, and salt.
For Spinach and Corn Layer
4. In a non-stick pan, heat butter, add onion and saute over medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add green chilies and tomatoes. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach, salt and corn. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
7. In the greased baking dish, transfer the potato mixture and spread to make an even layer.
8. Drizzle milk over the potato layer, place the spinach and corn mixture in the centre of the baked dish.
9. Arrange the tomato slices surrounding the spinach corn layer.
10. Spread cream and sprinkle the cheese evenly over it.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes.
12. Serve immediately and enjoy!