A spiced twist to an old classic. This Shrimp cocktail is elevated using spiced tiger and white shrimp and is smothered in a homemade tomato cocktail sauce with potatoes, coriander, spinach and served with a lemon wedge. You've never had a shrimp cocktail like this one.
|Shrimp||2 Pound , peeled, deveined (1 pound each of Tiger Shrimp and White Shrimp)|
|For the marinade|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Juice of lemon||1|
|For the cocktail sauce|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Large , blanched, peeled, pureed|
|For the potatoes|
|Potatoes||4 Medium , peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|For assembling cocktail|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Baby spinach leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Mayonnaise/Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||8 Small|
To Marinate the Shrimp
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients under marinade. Mix well. Put the cleaned shrimp and mix well till all re well coated. Cover and marinate it overnight in the fridge.
For The Cocktail Sauce
2. In a pan heat oil. Add the green chillies and sauté for a few minutes. Put in the cumin, mustard seeds, pepper and salt to taste. Continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Pour the tomato puree, stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the ketchup and continue to cook till it thickens to desired consistency. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate till used.
4. Heat a grill. Put the marinated shrimp on it cook for a few minutes in each side and transfer into a bowl. Let them cool
5. In a pan, heat oil and put the potato cubes. Fry them till browned and crispy. Turn off the heat. Transfer it into a plate to cool.
6. In a bowl put the shrimp, potatoes, coriander leaves and the cocktail sauce. Mix well till combined.
7. In a serving glass put baby spinach leaves at the bottom. Spread the shrimp mixture. Top it with a dollop of mayonnaise.
8. Skewer a shrimp and lemon wedge. Place it across the serving glass and serve fresh and cold.
The cocktail sauce can be made up to 1 day in advance and placed in the refrigerator till used.
Calories 270Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 430 mg17.92%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2160Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 0 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3440 mg143.36%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.4%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 216 g432%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet