This easy chicken noodles dish is prepared in two simple steps - cook the noodles and then stir fry it along with the other ingredients. Eggs, vegetables and even meat are often other added ingredients to the noodles, flavored with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
|For the shredded chicken|
|Chicken pieces||200 Gram|
|Black pepper powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For the scrambled eggs|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the noodles|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry red chilies||2 Medium|
|Onions||2 Small , diced|
|Garlic cloves||5 Medium , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium , cut into thin long strips|
|Green bell pepper||1/2 Medium , cut into thin long strips|
|Noodles||400 Gram (Cooked as per instructions on the pack)|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium , cut into 1|
To prepare the shredded chicken:
1. In a pot, put the chicken pieces, season with salt, pepper and garam masala. Mix and cover with a lid.
2. Let cook in it's own steam over medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid the chicken getting stuck to the bottom of the pan, since no oil is being used)
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pieces form the pot and set aside for a little while to cool.
4. Once cooled, using your hand, tear off pieces of chicken to shred them into thin pieces. Set this aside.
To prepare the scrambled eggs:
5. In a bowl, break the eggs. Beat well, seasoning it with salt, black pepper powder and soy sauce.
6. Heat pan with a little oil, pour the beaten egg mixture, stir to scramble and cook the eggs.
7. Once done, remove the scrambled eggs from the pan and set aside.
8. Heat a wok with some oil. Add the dry chilies, onions and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the onions turn translucent.
9. Add the carrots and bell pepper and stir fry on high heat for about 5 minutes.
10. Toss in the noodles. Season with salt, black pepper and soy sauce. Toss well to combine all the flavors together with the vegetables and noodles.
11. Finally add in the shredded chicken and the scrambled eggs. Toss everything well.
12. Garnish with green onions and turn off the heat.
13. Serve hot and enjoy with any side dish of your choice.
Calories 503Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 233 mg9.71%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3018Calories from Fat 1146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.8%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1398 mg58.26%
Total Carbohydrates 336 g112.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 132 g264%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet