Paneer Tikka is delicious, Pizza is delectable and Tandoori Paneer Tikka is luscious. This pizza made in a fire baked/gas tandoor and ofcourse made without oven which gives it a distinct texture and taste. This recipe is also a part of Eggless Baking Without Oven, which means this pizza is egg-free and ofcourse made without oven. You can also make this pizza in a cooker.
|For pizza base|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant yeast||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Herbs||1/2 Teaspoon (Chili Flakes, Basil, Oregano) (Optional)|
|Warm water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (to dust)|
|Paneer||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cubed|
|Vegetable||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cubed (Onion and Bell Pepper)|
|Tikka masala||2 1/2 Teaspoon (Roasted besan/sattu|
|Mustard oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pizza sauce||4 Tablespoon (3|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed herbs||To Taste|
1. In a bowl, add the warm water followed by sugar and yeast. Mix well and keep aside in a warm spot for 10 minutes.
2. In a kneading plate/bowl add the flour, salt, herbs and add the proved yeast mix and make a sticky soft dough.
3. Add the oil and knead for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a damp towel and let it prove for one hour in a warm place.
4. For the tikka, in a mixing bowl, add the tikka masala and enough curd to make a thick paste.
5. Heat the mustard oil till smoky and add that in the marinade. Stir well and add the paneer and veggies, coat gently and keep aside for 30 minutes.
6. Heat a gas tandoor in medium-high flame for 10 minutes.
7. Skewer the paneer and veggies in the wooden skewers. Place the skewers in the tandoor and quickly close, grill them for 6-7 mins turning every 2 minutes in high flame.
8. For completing pizza. heat the tandoor with a tawa (without any plastic/wood in it), or a pizza stone for 10 minutes.
9. Punch and knock the dough and transfer to a flour dusted platform and knead for a minute. Now roll this using a rolling pin dusting flour to prevent sticking.
10. Take the tawa out and add 2 tbsp of oil to the hot tawa. Followed by the rolled pizza dough. Press and fit to the size of the tawa if you wish. Prick it with a fork so it doesnt puff up.
11. Add the sauce and spread well. Add the cheese, and the paneer tikka.
12. Smear a few drops of oil over also, spread oil on the edges of the pizza..
13. Place the tawa in the tandoor and cook until done, takes about 10 minutes in high flame.
14. Sprinkle over your favorite herbs, slice the pizza and serve hot.
Calories 271Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 558 mg23.25%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1626Calories from Fat 726
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3348 mg139.5%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.2%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet