In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Rocky Road Fudge Bars. This recipe is a favorite of my family, and it is also great for parties and pot luck dinners.
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce , softened|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , softened|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|To sprinkle in pan|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Miniature marshmallows||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 Ounce (1 square)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce , softened|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs) (confectioner's sugar or icing sugar)|
1. Grease and flour a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. For base, in a large saucepan add butter and unsweetened chocolate. Place the pan over low flame, stir constantly and cook until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Let the mixture cool down a bit.
4. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and chopped pecans. Mix after each addition. Transfer the mixture into the baking pan, spread evenly and set aside.
5. For filling, in a small bowl, add cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and egg. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for 1 minute or until smooth and fluffy.
6. Drop pecans and fold it in. Spread cheese mixture over chocolate base in baking pan.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick when inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle marshmallows on top.
10. Pop the pan back into the oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
11. For frosting, in large saucepan combine butter, milk, unsweetened chocolate and cream cheese.
12. Place the pan on low heat, stir constantly and cook until well blended. Remove pan from heat.
13. Gradually drop powdered sugar and vanilla in pan and mix until smooth.
14. Pour frosting over marshmallows and lightly swirl for marbling. Let fudge cool at room temperature, and then refrigerate until firm.
15. Cut into bars, serve fudge bars and enjoy.
Calories 1009Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.1%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 241 mg10.04%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 99 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8072Calories from Fat 3728
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 432 g664.8%
Saturated Fat 200 g1000%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1928 mg80.32%
Total Carbohydrates 1032 g344%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 792 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet