|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||16 Ounce , chopped (2 packages, 8|
|Canned crushed pineapple||16 Ounce , drained (2 cans, 8|
|Maraschino cherries||32 Ounce , drained and chopped (2 jars, 16|
|Raisins||15 Ounce (1 package)|
|Pecans||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dark rum/Pineapple juice||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
2. Grease bottom of two 9- x - 5- x 3-inch loafpans; line bottoms with waxed paper.
3. Do the same for the waxed paper and sides of pans; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; mix well.
4. Mix in fruit and pecans.
5. In a small bowl, add eggs and rum; beat well.
6. Mix into flour mixture.
7. Transfer batter into prepared pans, with back of spoon press batter to pack firmly.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Take away from oven, cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and peel off paper liner.
10. With corn syrup, brush tops and sides of warm loaves; cool.
11. Make slices and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 10994Calories from Fat 4238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 504 g775.4%
Saturated Fat 50 g250%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1930 mg80.42%
Total Carbohydrates 1638 g546%
Dietary Fiber 149 g596%
Sugars 1309 g
Protein 131 g262%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet