|Sour red cherries/Blueberries||3 Cup (48 tbs) , pitted and with juice if cherries are used|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Noodle dough||1 (homemade)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a saucepan and put sugar, fruits with juice and lemon juice in it.
2) Take a small cup and mix cornstarch with water to form a smooth paste.
3) Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Drain and reserve the syrup.
5) Roll out the noodle dough and cut into 3 inch circles.
6) Place about a tablespoon of the fruit on each and fold the edges to form half-moon shape. Press along the edges with little water.
7) Cook in rapidly boiling water for about 10 minutes or until Varenyky begin to rise to the top. Drain.
8) Garnish with sour cream and serve with syrup.