Today's dish features a healthy and delicious idea for breakfast on the go! Fresh seasonal peaches are baked in mason jars with homemade granola. Topped with high protein vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt, this breakfast has everything you need to get a head start on the day! Plus, they're just really delicious.
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Ground flax seeds||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon , divided|
|Honey||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe peaches||6 Small|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and flax and set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine oil, honey and vanilla.Mix wet ingredients into dry and set aside.
5. Peel peaches as per the instructions in the video. Cut into cubes and add the brown sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon.
6. Fill 6, 8 oz canning jars to the halfway point with the peach mixture and then cover with the granola
7. Put the mason jars on prepared cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until the peaches are bubbling and the granola is golden brown. Keep an eye on it because you don't want it to burn.
8. Serve warm with Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. It's great cold or can be warmed in the microwave.