Summer is a time to enjoy the bountiful fruits, and what better way to highlight them with simple, elegant drinks. I made low cal versions of strawberry lemonade, watermelon mint infused water, peach cherry ginger sangria and root beer treats like root beer float popsicles and root beer float ice cream sandwiches!
|For skinny strawberry lemonade|
|Organic strawberries||5 , chopped|
|Fresh lemonade||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sparkling water||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (Strawberry flavour Fruit 2O)|
|For watermelon mint infused water|
|Seedless watermelon||1/3 Small|
|Fresh mint sprigs||2|
|Watermelon water||12 Fluid Ounce (Fruit 2o)|
|For cherry peach ginger sangria|
|Fresh cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs) , pitted and sliced in half|
|Chopped peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs) , peeled and chopped|
|Tart cherry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low calorie ginger ale/Ginger beer||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For root beer float popsicles and ice cream sandwiches|
|Vanilla ice cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Good Quality)|
|Root beer cookies||4 Ounce (Ahoy)|
|Root beer||2 Can (20 oz) (Of your choice)|
For Skinny Strawberry Lemonade
1. Put chopped strawberries in a moulds, fill them with lemonade. Freeze overnight.
2. Drop the ice cubes in a glass. Fill with sparkling strawberry water.
3. Serve cold and enjoy!
For Watermelon Mint Infused Water
1. Puree the watermelons and pour them in ice moulds. Place a mint leaf over each slot and then freeze it.
2. Drop the water melon ice cubes in jars and fill them with watermelon water.
4. Put a straw and serve cold. Enjoy!
For Cherry Peach Ginger Sangria
1. In a pitcher, stir cherry guice and ginger ale.
2. Drop in cherries and peaches.
For Root Beer Popsicle and Ice cream Sandwiches.
1. Drop a spoonfull of vanilla ice cream to the moulds. Fill them with beer.
2. When the bubbles subside, drop in another spoon of vanilla ice cream. Seal with the popsicle tops and freeze it.
3. Place a spoonfull of vanilla ice cream between the root beer cookies. Wrap in a cling film and place it in the refrigerator.
4. Unwrap the cookies and eat them immediatley. Serve the popsicles alonside. Enjoy!
3. Serve on ice. Enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3422Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 920 mg38.33%
Total Carbohydrates 831 g277%
Dietary Fiber 31 g124%
Sugars 724 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet